No Shooting from the Hip
Our tried and tested Research and Investment process gives clients with a long-term investment philosophy a channel that outperforms on the Upside and limits the Downside
Clients get best of bottom up ideas with a risk control measurement for each sector < 40 stocks
Portfolio of stocks with broad exposure to various sectors. Reflecting three broad themes: domestic consumption, exports and infrastructure
Regular meeting to review ideas and approve value stocks for the database
= 100 stocks
Analysts study stocks in their sector in India and globally
< 200 stocks
< 20% of the stocks we cover, meet our "Buy" Criteria
Our Investment Criteria - Value
- the business of the company,
- the environment in which it operates,
- the management, and their long-term goals,
- can the financials support the long-term goals?
- the stock price based on fundamentals relative to its peer group, its history, and the market.
- PER, PCF, P/BV, Div Yld, EV/EBITDA
- Current price is 40% < our estimate of long-term value
- Current price is > our estimate of long-term value
- Changed view of management
- Changed view of business
- Stock has to be under active coverage, average daily trading volume of US$ 1 million
- Strict adherence to Buy / Sell limits.
- We are indifferent to whether a stock we own is in the BSE-200 Index or not.
- We do not make sector calls. We make stock calls that lead to certain sector weights.
- The minimum holding in any one stock is 2% and the maximum is 6%.
- With a range of 25 to 40 stocks our average holding is 2.5% to 4.0% per stock